- Providing a formal and semantic answer to communication needs.
- Transferring information available to human perception.
- Ideas on how to transmit the "what" or "it" of the design.
- Proyect-oriented action that combines issues of formality, communication, and society.
- Design is in a continuous process of redefinition. Design is not; it is being. (M. Ledesma)
- The design is always implicit.
- Deconstructive though builds the idea and is influenced by a variety of factors of
- four main categories:
- Aspects of the four categories are present in every desing, but with differing ratios in each case.
- Depending on the immanent ratios, desings are organized by:
- “Made with the brain”. Rationality determines how to do the job.
- The projects are designed and calculated very carefully chance has little effect.
- This does not imply that they are inflexible and static.
- "Made with the eye”. The most relevant feature of this category is the visual impact of the final result.
- The main component can be a photograph or monochrome stain-piece.
- All the information can be captured in a quick glance.
- “Made with the heart”. The main element is emotion, yet it does not obscure other
- aspects of the final result. The emotional element can come from a particular
- relationship or simply because the designs are especially touching.
- “Made with the hand”. Artistic and compositional aspects play a larger role in these desings.
- These are ideas with powerful gestural movements and require artisanal attention to detail.
- The principal image can be a drawing, a stain, texture, or a brush-stroke.
And beyond these elements, while binding them together, is the professionalism with which they have been rendered.
- In addition to professional projects, on this site are also shown works more capricious and playful.
- Less commodity and more fine art stylisation, these works are of freedom and executed with fewer assumptions.
- "Postcards”. The images in this gallery function like postcards from a brand-centric operative theme.
- New images will be incorporated periodically based on their concordance with the fundamental embodiment of
- the photomanipulative style. They may also be photographs of the brand-symbols in a special environment.
- “Paintings”. A virtual show of some of my paintings. They have been gathered without chronology.
- It is the permanent dialectic. In my opinion, to be a graphic designer one does not need to be an artist;
- but one needs to have an special feeling for formal aspects that embrace fine arts roots.